Preparing For Baby–What is in my hospital/delivery bag
A reader asked the other day if I plan on bringing a lot to the hospital with me for delivery. I don’t feel the need to go overboard and I hate packing/unpacking things. Think of it like a short weekend trip and pack like you would for that. I won’t be going to dinner or doing much but I know there will be a lot of visitors so I want to look like I’m not at death’s door!
Here is the list of what is in my bag:
- 2-3 nightgowns that are easy to nurse in but you won’t mind throwing away in case anything happens to them. I found these at Macy’s.
- A warm robe that you can walk the halls in and still nurse. I chose this one from Macy’s; it totally looks like something my grandma would wear and yet I love it. The robe is super cozy and zipper front makes it so easy to keep on.
- 2-3 pairs of socks— I found these for delivery and I thought they were so cute.
- Slippers to walk the halls and flipflops for showers. I don’t like to put my bare feet anywhere near where other people have put theirs. I know I am weird.
- 8-10 pairs of granny panties you don’t mind throwing away. I ordered these from Amazon.
- Nursing Bra- I packed my two Coobie bras. They don’t have underwire and are super comfy.
- Nursing pads and nipple cream I went with these washable nursing pads. My lactation consultant recommended over the disposable ones to help prevent infection and bacteria or yeast buildup. This nipple cream has a huge cult following in the UK and so many readers from there recommended it to me so I ordered it.
- Going home outfit for you and baby. I went with my favorite pair of leggings and light sweater.
- I am bringing this cute delivery gown and matching pillowcase. It is my one splurge.
- shampoo/conditioner– I packed a sample sachet of the Oribe gold that I got in Cos Bar order.
- lotion– again I just packed a sample of a Ritual body lotion I got in the advent calendar last year.
- lip balm— I chew my lips when I am nervous so I know I will need this one!
- face wipes, moisturizer, face mist, mascara, cc cream and tinted lip balm— most of these are all sample size and items I received in the Whole Foods Beauty Bag.
- hairbrush, dry shampoo, hair ties and clips
- phone charger, camera charger, laptop charger
Like I said, I choose to pack a bit light but I see all kinds of lists on Pinterest that recommend 4 suitcases full of things! My diaper bag is also packed and I will post it next week.