Monterey Car Week is here! If you’ve ever wondered what you could do in Monterey during this particular car show week, I’m sharing the top 10 things you should make sure not to miss!
Top 10 Things to do During Monterey Car Week
- Test Drive some fun + fast cars! Alpha Romeo, Astin Martin, Porsche–they all have tents with test drives of their latest cars. You have to sign up early and be pre-approved so I recommend researching where to sign up before you arrive.
- VIP Parties- Like the test drives all the big brands host a big party.
- The auctions. From Mecum to Sotheby’s to Russo & Steele these are SUPER fun even if you don’t have the budget to bring home a car.
- Prancing Ponies Car Show– This is at Carmel Plaza and raises money to help girls explore careers in STEM and the auto industry! I love this. I grew up in the Auto industry–my aunt was the first woman parts manager West of the Mississippi River! When I started at the dealership the only women were in bookkeeping. I would love to see more women in the industry.
- The Porsche Monterey Classic- The local Porsche dealership closes down a street and throws a huge party! So much fun.
6. Concours on the Avenue- A totally free and open to everyone this event is fun. I meet a few friends every year and wander the blocks of Carmel looking at the cars.
7. The Wine Trolley – Save a day to do this fun tour of local wineries. Book in advance it sells out weekly and take my word–order the cheese plate! It is so many “tastings” you will want some food.
8. Beer tour – We have a handful or so beer gardens now that are all within walking distance.
9. Concorso Italiano – A more laid back event that is easy to get to and fun to hang out at! I loved the Fiat experience this year.
10. Spa at Pebble Beach or Bernardus – Headed here with your spouse and so not into the car scene? Pop over to one of my favorite spas!
Have you been to Monterey Car Week before? Share in a comment below!