Happy Wednesday! I am so happy that the rain has stopped a bit even if the wind is crazy outside. With so many new readers I thought it would be great to reintroduce myself with 10 things most of my readers don’t know about me.
- I grew up in the military-Navy to be specific. Growing up going from base to base or having your Dad (back then only men deployed) gone all the time wasn’t easy but I wouldn’t change it. It really gives you skills that civilian kids don’t get AND I am totally not a hoarder. Lol. Moving so much makes it easy for me to let things go.
- I didn’t finish college until I turned 30! Yep. I started when I was 18, got bored and dropped out. Later I applied for an esthetician educator job with a skin care company and they turned me down because I didn’t have a four-year degree. I was pretty mad because I had carried their line in my skin care studio for seven years! So I went back to college and finished my degree. I have no desire to work for them now and since I have a hard time letting go of grudges I refuse to feature them on my blog, Instagram or in my new skin care studio! They keep asking but I politely decline.
- I majored in ISCOR with an emphasize and minor in Economics. When I started with my education I did an AS in Massage Therapy from MPC when I finished it I realized I really hated it and was super in the to Japanese language. So I started at CSUMB in the Japanese language and culture program. It was super short staffed and I didn’t want to take another five years to finish. I also started getting into politics and globals studies so I transferred to SDSU in the ISCOR (International Security and Conflict Resolution) program. I LOVE charts and graphs. Econ was easy for me. Except for Econ102 but I think that was due to a terrible teacher. I interned for a bit in the field and even had a great job but ultimately skincare is where my heart is.
- I have been married for over 13 years and my husband and I have been together for half my life! Crazy how fast time flies there.
- My husband tried to get me to name our baby Popular! It didn’t happen. Think about it Popular Poma— NOOO!
- My first spa job was a horrible experience and I almost quit until my long-time hairdresser introduced me to a salon owner who was looking for an esthetician. That new salon was full of amazing women who went out of their way to help me succeed. I owe my career to that off chance opening and those amazing women.
- I wanted to be a flight attendant! Yep. I was headed out for training Sept. 13, 2001… but then 9/11 happened and they canceled all hiring. I was super scared to fly for years after that so I never reapplied.
- My biggest goal in life is to set foot on all 7 continents. I have Asia, Australia and Antartica to go!
- Because I get asked this all the time… I have NO plans to have more children. #OneAndDone
- If I could live anywhere else besides California it would be London. It is my favorite city in the world.
Quick ShopShop My Closet