Do you keep to the same routine every morning & night? Do you know what a good skincare routine consists of? Have you ever wondered if you were applying your skin care products in the right order? Always remember to apply thinnest to thickest when applying products. Here is a little cheat sheet.
1) Cleansing always come first. I prefer cream or sorbet cleansers they are much gentler on the skin and don’t strip it of its own protective barrier. For oily skin a foaming cleanser works great to help eliminate the impurities and excess oil.
2) Mist second. Not much to say here I like the True mineral Mist or Sonya Dakar aromasol mist. I spray directly on the skin (avoiding the eyes) then pat in. Don’t waste cotton. If you notice makeup still coming of when you mist onto cotton then you didn’t clean your skin all the way in step 1! Try a Clarisonic brush to achieve a deeper clean.
3) The next step for either day or night would be a serum. I love a great vitamin C serum. Nothing promotes healtier skin then Vitamin C it penetrates deeper into the skin and allows vital nutrients to nourish the skin. I have tried several from Jan Marini Cesta, Tu’el Crystal C and Le mieux C booster, never had a problem with any of them. Vitamin C serum is wonderful because it is one of the best antioxidants to fight free radical damage, it helps tone, lift and plump fine lines & wrinkles. Serums should be used before your day or night cream.
4) Resurfacer. Gone are the days of manual scrubs of seeds or crystals. Today is all about resurfacing the skin to acheive that airbrushed look. I love the sonya dakar Complexion Corrector or Jan Marini Bioclear. Oil of Olay Regernist makes a good one too. When buying a resurfacer look for ingrediants like retinoil or glycolic acid.
6) SPF!!!!! I apply a 30 spf every morning after my moisturzer from my forehead down to just about my breasts. Don’t forget the ears and back of neck.
6)* Makeup primer… this is optional but I like to use one to give my makeup a little extra staying power.