Discover the Alluring Fragrance of On A Date Replica by Maison Margiela Perfume
The Replica line of perfumes by Maison Margiela has long been a favorite of mine. Each one creates such a different memory for me. I love these for special occasions. So each time I reach for one the memories of that day or trip flood back. The packaging is elevated but simple and the fragrances are always on point for me. On A Date reminds me of my first trip to Sonoma with my husband. The dreamy blend of grapes, rose, and blackcurrant is a romantic fog. Wear this on a first date or a long overdue date.
I’m super excited to introduce this new series of the PERFUME GUIDE BOOK. My longtime friend and once assistant is heading it up. She LOVES perfumes and anytime I get samples I send them straight to her to try out before I even try them. Vicky can sum up a perfume and help you pick your favorite in just a few minutes so I’m happy to partner with her on this new series. We will release a new review each week so check back often. First up the On a Date perfume review!
Hi, I’m Vicky. For as long as I can remember, I have been a lover of perfume. I mean, who doesn’t love being told “You smell soooo good!?!” I enjoy going to department stores, smelling the new perfumes, and helping friends find their signature scents. It honestly brings me joy!
What I Smell
When I first opened the bottle, the smell of bergamot and patchouli was very present. But, once I sprayed it onto myself the smell of grapes and roses definitely came alive. What started off kind of masculine, turned very feminine with just a spray.
What The Brand Says
Rose, Blackcurrant, Patchouli
Sparkling notes of rose and a rich, intense, and textured heart of blackcurrant convey the excitement of the perfect date, while patchouli gives the fragrance a sensual and magnetic woody signature.
- A first-ever co-creation in perfume. The result of a creative exploration between a master perfumer and a sommelier. At the crossroads of two universes, that of wine and perfume… olfaction and taste.
- Inspired by a magical date overlooking the magnificent vineyards of Provence soaked in the golden hour light of a late summer evening. The scent of ripe grapes and ripe roses fills the air. The perfect rendez-vous.
- This perfume sets the senses on high with memories that are unique and profound – dating and falling in love in Provence while sharing a delicious bottle of wine.
Imagine going wine tasting and taking a walk thru the vineyard. Sounds like a perfect place to be “On a Date”. 🙂
Because of how masculine it initially smelled, I was unsure if I would like it. But, because it smells so pretty on the skin, it’s something I could see myself wearing every day. Ironically, this smells almost identical to Frey’s Bergamot and Sandalwood laundry detergent. If you like to coordinate your scents, I’d recommend pairing the two.
The Quick Guide:
The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
- price $160 for the size shown 3.4oz; 1.0oz $85; Travel .34oz $35 SHOP NOW
- Is it Gendered: Runs more feminine
- Key Scent: Rose
- Vibe: Romantic/Dream
- Stars (out of 5): 4.5
- Seasonal or signature status This would be an incredible wedding perfume or date night vibe. If you are looking for a dreamy scent then this is a signature scent all the way.