Being a new mom has taught me to never know what is coming next. Just when I think she likes 3 pm naps she switches and goes down at 1 pm. I am the kind of person who likes to have emergency solutions on hand. Like if Olivia is congested or has an upset tummy. So far we have been lucky not to encounter any issues. But, when we do I have a few things on hand.
Here is what I have in my baby emergency kit.
- My pediatrician’s phone number. – Really the first place to start in any situation!
- Forehead thermometer – I can’t tell you how many times I have already used this. I am constantly worried she is overheated.
- What To Do When Your Child Gets Sick– A book – They gave me this book at the hospital and it has been very helpful for us.
- ZARBEE’S NATURALS BABY COUGH SYRUP + MUCUS – A friend of mine recommended this brand and gave us a gift set of all of their baby products. It was such a good gift for the first time, mom.
- Gripe Water – to help with upset tummy issues.
- Saline Nasal Mist for congestion issues.
- Chest Rub for more congestion issues.
- The Honest Company Organic Chest Rub – Three different readers recommended this product to me so I went out and grabbed one.
I know this baby emergency kit won’t cover everything but it makes me feel better knowing I have a place to start.
What am I missing or what do you swear by when baby isn’t feeling well?