Sleep really is the best thing for the skin. It helps brighten, rejuvenate and heal the skin. But, when I just can’t seem to get enough and my skin starts to look a bit tired I switch up my skin care routine to give it a little help. Here is the routine I use for tired skin.
- CLEANSE with a gentle cleanser with some power. I like cleansers that have extra help. This one form Evan Healy has anti-aging ingredients like rose-hips. The consistency is a cream cleanser that helps stimulate the skin but is super gentle.
- MIST is a must have to wake up and refresh tired skin. I like this one from Pharmacy. It helps to hydrate, refresh and waken the skin. A little goes a long way so I use like 12 sprays…. jk… not really. I like to over mist my skin and even use it between serums.
- MASK These under eye gels from Elemis really helps tired eyes. The gel pads hydrate the skin, brighten it. Padina Pavonica helps tighten the skin while Hylaronic acid helps hydrate undereye tissue to help reduce the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and crows feet.
- HYDRATE with a good hyaluronic acid serum. Tired skin is dehydrated and a good HA serum will help hydrate the skin before wrinkles start to appear.
- BOOST Vitamin C helps brighten the skin and when skin is tired brightness goes a long way! Recently, I have started to use this Vitamin C Booster from Clinique. I like that you mix it with your moisturizer for a gentler application.
- MOISTURIZE AND PROTECT Tired skin needs all the moisture it can get. I like this day cream from Clinique; the moisture lasts all day and the SPF 15 is perfect for days when I don’t feel like leaving the house but still need to stay protected.