Last weekend I was traveling overnight for work. One the best things about traveling alone is doing everything you love that your spouse doesn’t! I ordered room service and ate it in bed. I watched Netflix and gave myself a facial and I slept with the TV on. It was great. The older I get the more I realize a night away is such a luxury.
When KP is away for business I do the same things but at home. I rounded up a few of my favorite things for an indulgent night alone.
- A Good Show– I watch Chef’s Table and it was great. The food is beautiful, the chef’s stories are great and you feel inspired to make something when it is over. The West Wing was good, too.
- Skincare– I went with the Clarisonic because it feels good and is the perfect way to start a facial. Follow it up with a mini peel like this one from Dr. Dennis Gross.
- Oil Diffuser– I LOVE the SpaRoom diffuser from Target. It comes with an easy to use oil blend, (I prefer this one from Rocky Mountain Oils) and it has cool lighting and a Bluetooth speaker. I play the spa channel on Pandora.
- If at home… Put fresh sheets on the bed before you veg out. Something about fresh sheets makes everything better.
- If traveling… pack everything in these uber chic roller bags from Rimowa.
- Jeans, a crossbody bag, and easy makeup are the easiest way to go after a relaxing night in.