Hey, guys! I am so excited to share my latest self-care treatment with Rituals. A few weeks ago I received a few of the newly redesigned Ritual of Hammam products by Rituals. I am always on the hunt for easy ways to the spa from home so I felt like these might work for me. There are twelve products in all, I only tried out three, but I feel like you can really do a nice treatment from home with these three key pieces. It is all something I would actually carry at my spa.
- I started by diffusing eucalyptus, peppermint, and lime in my bathroom and lighting a few candles. Also, spray a quick spritz of the Rituals Body Spray on your towel and dry brush (I use this hammam one from Target.), and put a tablespoon-ish amount of scrub and body cream in a dish; if you have the mud put a bit in a dish to use also. This way you aren’t contaminating the products or getting water in the containers!
- Next, I start up the shower, do a quick dry brush and a quick pre-cleanse with my Elemis Nourishing Shower cream and mitt, and steam up the shower. (yes, I am still mad I let my husband and contractor talk me out of the steam shower!!!) If you have the Rituals shower wash you can use that one instead. Now, my shower is a walk-in shower so I have a small bench in there; on the bench I have a small bowl of warm water and a muslin shower mitt.
- The scrub is easier to apply when your skin is still damp. So I use the bowl of water to keep my hands wet while I am working the scrub. I start at my feet and work up. Don’t do the bottom of the feet or you could slip! At this point, the shower is off but there should still be a bit of steam so you aren’t cold. The scrub is self-heating, feels really great, and smells warming so you shouldn’t get cold. And, it shouldn’t take long to get the scrub on your whole body. I like to let it sit for about 3-5 minutes before rinsing off and steaming the shower.
- If you have the mud body mask use that now! Do the same thing as the scrub and let it sit for several minutes.
- Rinse off but do not use soap. You want the oils from the scrub and mud to keep on the skin.
- I wrap up in a towel and let my skin air dry while I do a quick scalp massage with the Aveda pramāsana™protective scalp concentrate
- After, I use a small teaspoon of body oil (I used Aveda Shampure Oil but Rituals makes one in the hammam line also) mixed with the Hammam body cream to massage into the skin.
- Hop in bed with a good book and relax!
If you are more of a bath person all of these can be done in the bath but I recommend doing steps 1-3 or 4 in the shower and then soaking off the scrub or mud in the bath. There is also a hammam bath oil that would make the treatment even more moisturizing for the skin.
Let me know if you have tried the Rituals products or this at-home spa treatment!
See more skin care finds here.
And if you are enjoying this post the best thing you can do to support me is by sharing this edition with a friend who might enjoy it too. Or sign up for our newsletter for a weekly update + exclusive features. Looking for more shop/Monterey news I have a separate newsletter for that. Sign up here.
Ok I am so doing this! What a great idea! Love it!!
This spa like day sounds awesome. I love the pretty blur jars
I have troubles with my skin getting too dry and irritated, so I rarely use soap all over except when dirty. That scrub sounds absolutely perfect for me!
This would probably be as close to a spa day as I would ever get. I would love to try this stuff, it sounds amazing.
Rituals do some absolutely beautiful products, I really need to try more of them and give turning my shower into a Hammam a go!
I would love to try some Ritual of Hammam products. I love to pamper myself. It is so important to take some time out to take care of yourself.
This sounds like I should give it a try. I have been looking for ways to help my skin care routine.
What a great idea! I am totally going to try this. I also love the jars that you used.
This is amazing! Imagining while reading this makes me feel like heaven and i wanna take a bath immediately although it is midnight jajaja. The incense of oil makes me feel relax always. Added Rituals into my to-buy list. I’d love to go to the spa every weekend but it is way too expensive for me. Having those products will help reduce the price; and i’ll feel much more comfortable when doing it at home (my husband could help me thou. jajaja). Thanks for such a good suggestion anyway!
Sounds like a great product. I need a good facial scrub.
Such a nice idea. Will do this too, soon!
I got a part of this set as a gift and I gave it to my sister! Part of me wishes I had kept it for myself! Have to locate the store tomorrow and find some of these goodies now!
I usually diy my scrubs. I love a good scrub. It’s so relaxing and makes my skin feel really smooth afterwards.
I am such a fan of these products – I need to stock up and treat myself. Thanks for the encouragement 🙂
Do these come in gift packs? Looks good for spa time. This should be a nice gift to my girl friends and mum.
I need to try this! I really wish our bathroom was just a touch bigger.