Hey, guys! I am so excited to share my latest self-care treatment with Rituals. A few weeks ago I received a few of the newly redesigned Ritual of Hammam products by Rituals. I am always on the hunt for easy ways to the spa from home so I felt like these might work for me. There are twelve products in all, I only tried out three, but I feel like you can really do a nice treatment from home with these three key pieces. It is all something I would actually carry at my spa.
- I started by diffusing eucalyptus, peppermint, and lime in my bathroom and lighting a few candles. Also, spray a quick spritz of the Rituals Body Spray on your towel and dry brush (I use this hammam one from Target.), and put a tablespoon-ish amount of scrub and body cream in a dish; if you have the mud put a bit in a dish to use also. This way you aren’t contaminating the products or getting water in the containers!
- Next, I start up the shower, do a quick dry brush and a quick pre-cleanse with my Elemis Nourishing Shower cream and mitt, and steam up the shower. (yes, I am still mad I let my husband and contractor talk me out of the steam shower!!!) If you have the Rituals shower wash you can use that one instead. Now, my shower is a walk-in shower so I have a small bench in there; on the bench I have a small bowl of warm water and a muslin shower mitt.
- The scrub is easier to apply when your skin is still damp. So I use the bowl of water to keep my hands wet while I am working the scrub. I start at my feet and work up. Don’t do the bottom of the feet or you could slip! At this point, the shower is off but there should still be a bit of steam so you aren’t cold. The scrub is self-heating, feels really great, and smells warming so you shouldn’t get cold. And, it shouldn’t take long to get the scrub on your whole body. I like to let it sit for about 3-5 minutes before rinsing off and steaming the shower.
- If you have the mud body mask use that now! Do the same thing as the scrub and let it sit for several minutes.
- Rinse off but do not use soap. You want the oils from the scrub and mud to keep on the skin.
- I wrap up in a towel and let my skin air dry while I do a quick scalp massage with the Aveda pramāsana™protective scalp concentrate
- After, I use a small teaspoon of body oil (I used Aveda Shampure Oil but Rituals makes one in the hammam line also) mixed with the Hammam body cream to massage into the skin.
- Hop in bed with a good book and relax!
If you are more of a bath person all of these can be done in the bath but I recommend doing steps 1-3 or 4 in the shower and then soaking off the scrub or mud in the bath. There is also a hammam bath oil that would make the treatment even more moisturizing for the skin.
Let me know if you have tried the Rituals products or this at-home spa treatment!
See more skin care finds here.
And if you are enjoying this post the best thing you can do to support me is by sharing this edition with a friend who might enjoy it too. Or sign up for our newsletter for a weekly update + exclusive features. Looking for more shop/Monterey news I have a separate newsletter for that. Sign up here.